Saturday, October 23, 2010

A Rainy Morning: The Backyard

Today I woke up feeling much better! But I will give you a little taste of my Friday and Saturday before I get to the backyard photos.


The fine cuisine of my life lately...blackstrap molasses health drink, and...
(Notice my laptop in the background, yes I have parked myself on the couch for almost the entire weekend.)


Lemon water, drank through a silly straw to protect my teeth from lemon acid. Well, and because straws are fun, especially silly straws. ;)

Now on to the backyard...





If you hadn't noticed from the photos above, A Rainy Morning: The Front Yard or my North Shore photos I have been slightly obsessed with water drips lately...






I love the texture of birch tree bark...


Plump juicy berries...


aaand dead shriveled berries.

The backyard is also home to my mom's glorious garden, it's starting to decay a bit but here are some photos anyways.


Marigolds to keep the bunnies out!


HOT peppers yummm. See where I get my obsession with spicy food from? My favorite produce from my mom's garden are her canned hot peppers, canned beets, fresh tomatoes, and all the spices she grows and dries to use throughout the year! She really is amazing, she used to can all her own tomatoes as well. But since we have moved into town our backyard garden has shrunk in size. Which makes it a little harder to grow enough produce to actually can both both hot peppers, beets and tomatoes. While still having room for all the other fresh produce and spices she grows.


And last but not least, my favorite picture of the day. I don't know why I love it. Maybe it's the contrast of the bright yellow against the cloudless, rainy day gray sky. Whether or not it is actually a good picture, and for whatever reason I love this picture ;)

Enjoy the last bit of your weekend. I've got some Ancient Art flashcards to study today...since I've already done ALL my other homework I guess I finally have to start studying for that dreaded midterm...

Do you have your own garden? Or do you want one? What would you grow in your garden?
I want a garden, I don't count my window sill plants as a garden. And I would grow all the ingredients for an amazing salad or veggie spread! (lettuce, cabbage, tomato, onion, carrot, bell peppers, celery, broccoli...)

No comments:

Post a Comment