Friday, October 8, 2010

No Worries

My computer has been slow and glitchy all day long.

I'm taking it as a sign.

Vacation time!
The BF and I are headed up to the North Shore this weekend with his family. We will be camping, hiking, viewing beautiful fall colors and eating mostly trailmix.

And I decided this morning I will not be doing any homework or blogging. My computer is tired, I am tired, we both need a little mini vacation.

No worries I will be back on Sunday night/Monday morning with some gorgeous pictures. Probably not of the fine cuisine (I'm envisioning PB 'n' J sandwiches stuffed in backpacks...) but of the beautiful scenery.

Thankfully I was up and at 'em at 7am this morning to work on some of this:


Drawing blaaaaah...I am much more of a 3D person...ceramics or sculpture.


Of course I have the recycled drawing paper :)


Before touching any charcoal or pencil my hands looked like that.

After drawing they looked like this:


Gorilla hands! Haha. I was totally ok with it though because I finished all my drawing, so I can have peaceful, no worries weekend!

After scrubbing my hands for ten minutes(and noticing charcoal all over my face/neck/tank top ugh) I threw together some trail mix for the road...


In the Trail Mix:
-Dark Chocolate M&Ms
-Almonds
-Craisins
-Raisins
-Maple Cinnamon roasted Chickpeas

It's kind of blah...but it's all I had.


Maple Cinnamon Roasted Chickpeas

Ingredients:


- 2 cups cooked Chickpeas
- 2 TBSP coconut oil
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice (1 t cinnamon, ½ t nutmeg, ¼-1/2 t ginger)
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 2 TBSP Maple Syrup

Directions:
Heat oven to 450 degrees. Mix all ingredients in bowl. Spread in ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 40-50 minutes. Stir about every 10 minutes and check to make sure their not burning.

I like the plain old Cinnamon Roasted Chickpeas I made awhile ago better. I thought maple syrup would have a stronger flavor/caramelize better. It didn't Live and learn.

My only goal in making these roasted chickpeas was not to burn them...fail. I don't know why but whenever I make granola, or roasted chickpeas I ALWAYS burn them slightly. Their always still edible...just a little crispy. Oh well, next time I will succeed!


Well my bags are all packed (I really need to leave before I stuff more things in them!!)


It is time for me to eat a quick lunch of leftover Halloween Burritos and whatever else I can scrounge up in my refrigerator...then class...then I get to hit the road!

Without this thing weighing me down!


See you after the weekend! Hope you enjoy yours as much as I hope to enjoy mine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment