Thursday, October 7, 2010

One Fatal Flaw

I don't know what overtook me...


I decided to make a chickpea salad...


With one fatal flaw...


I used lots of fresh basil...


So full of flavor...


and chopped with care...


But it couldn't cover up...

THE 3 TABLESPOONS of Balsamic Vinaigrette!!!

I used to love Balsamic Vinaigrette...but then I overdid it. Now I can only eat it in very small portions with olive oil for bread dipping.

I made Angela's (from Oh She Glows) Summer De-'lite' Chickpea Salad because it has all the components of a great salad...chickpeas, fresh veggies, could be added on top of romaine lettuce to make a great mega-salad etc etc.

I followed the recipe exactly (well, almost I added a stalk of celery) even though I knew I hate the taste of Balsamic.


If you like Balsamic Vinaigrette make. this. salad. It is easy and would be delicious if you like the taste of Balsamic, the basil really makes the whole salad.


I made a mega-salad out of this dish (just added some romaine and mixed it up) and brought it to-go to work with me.

Regretting that decision right now. My stomach is not liking me because for some reason I decided to try and force myself to like balsamic and eat the entire salad.

Moral of the story: You can't force yourself to like something you hate...no matter how pretty it looks in pictures.

I will just have to come up with a new dressing for this salad to tailor it to my tastes. After all it is super easy to make.

I think I will have to pawn off the leftovers of this dish on the BF...he's definitely the lucky one in this situation :)

No comments:

Post a Comment