Sunday, October 3, 2010

The promise continues...

Just taking a little break from endless Spanish verb conjugations to prove that it is Day 3 of the Mega Salad Promise, and I am still holding up my end of the bargain.

Today I made tofu to top my salad with and it was a HUGE failure...I ate it anyways but I wish I wouldn't have. I couldn't get the taste out of my mouth (no matter how many scoops of my lunch dessert of strawberry ice cream I ate ;)

I made the mistake of forgetting to look in the refrigerator first before sizzling up plain tofu with some simple spices.


Had I noticed these I would have sauteed the tofu with mushrooms, onions, and tomatoes! Oh well live in learn.

Today Scooter pledged himself to a healthier lifestyle. Starting with a raw mushroom.


He tried to like it. Well, he tried to eat it that is.


But his distaste was overpowering.


And his journey to a healthier lifestyle ended before it could even begin!


But I have a little more self-will than little Scootie. So I made this salad for lunch. Inspired by my love of multiple salsas and jalapeno peppers :)

In the Mega Salad Mix:
-Romaine Lettuce
-Gross Tofu :(
-Fresh Mushrooms
-Salsa (two kinds! red and green)
-Sour Cream
-Jalapeno Peppers
-Onion


Satisfying as always.



I'm off to study some more...while watching my mom concoct a treat in the kitchen.

I'll give you a hint...she was inspired by me to lug out a machine, she used to use it weekly, but this time she is making a gluten free treat inside of it! Details and results later.

¡Adios amigos!

No comments:

Post a Comment