Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Fullness Factor

Do you ever eat a scrumptious dinner, that is large and in charge, full of nutrition and even has some fat to keep you full...but somehow it doesn't manage to satisfy your hunger?

Happens to me all the time. In fact it happens to me so much...I've started planning for it!


Tonight I enjoyed a lovely massive mega salad at work. (Sorry for the weird picture...I have no idea why all the colors looks so weird...I even tried to fix it in photoshop but I think I just made it worse...)

In the Mix:
-Romaine Lettuce
-Roasted Veggies (zucchini, squash, summer squash)
-Avocado
-Tomato
-Salsa + Sour Cream for dressing
-Some broccoli and carrots on the side for munchin'

But I knew it just wouldn't do the trick...so I planned ahead and made the ultimate after dinner satisfying snack.


Ohh yes I did make plain old canned pumpkin into a lovely, easy, to-go desert. I always crave something sweet after I eat dinner. Eating just one piece of chocolate doesn't work for me...usually because I start with one piece and then before I know it the whole bar/bag of chocolate is donezo. I try to stick with lower calorie post-dinner treats these days. Grapes are my ultimate favorite! Frozen of plain they always fill me up.

But lately this pumpkin pudding has really been satisfying my fall flavor sweet tooth.



Pumpkin' Pudding

Ingredients:

-1/2 cup canned pumpkin
-1-2 tbsp Almond Milk
-2 tsp chia seeds
-1 tbsp Maple Syrup (optional)
-Cinnamon, Nutmeg and Ginger to taste
-Whatever toppings you want (I used walnuts, craisins and shredded coconut)

Directions:
Mix pumpkin, almond milk, chia seeds and syrup and let sit for a few minutes until the chia seeds start to gel. Add spices and toppings and enjoy!

Because I love pumpkin oh so much I didn't add any maple syrup...because I think pumpkin tastes delicious straight outta the can. But I know other people don't have quite the pumpkin obsession that I do!


Ahh pumpkin you never cease to inspire me :)

Do your dinners/lunches sometimes leave your fullness factor unsatisfied? Whats your favorite after dinner hunger satisfying treat?

No comments:

Post a Comment