Sunday, September 26, 2010

Tuna Time

I felt AWFUL this morning. I didn't want to eat anything for fear of it coming right back up. But as usual...I had one craving. Good thing I went WAY WAY WAY overboard at the co-op yesterday so I had ingredients and toppings galore to cure my craving.

So what was I craving?

TUNA TUNA TUNA TUNA TUNA TUNA TUNA TUNA TUNA TUNA TUNA

But first...

Dear roommates, how does this happen?

aaaaand...


Snack snack snack snack mmmm haven't had pickles forever so tasty.



Ok so I gathered the ingredients.


Then struggled to get the top off this veganaise while I struggled I noticed it was made with green energy. Yay! Even though it is plastic...which come from oil...so still a fail.


I had to try a lil bit to make sure it isn't disgusting. It's not! Do you like that the first time I'm trying veganaise is with a non-vegan/vegetarian meal? Haaaa...


Sliced up secret ingredient #1.


And sprinkled on some of secret ingredient #2.


Tuna For One

Ingredients

-1 can of tuna
-1 tbsp veganaise (or mayonnaise)
-6-8 green olives
-1/4 tsp Tumeric
-1/4 tsp pepper

Directions:
Drain the tuna. Slice the olives. Mix all ingredients together. Done!

Ok I know green olives sounds weird but they are seriously THE BEST part of tuna salad. I have grown up with this and I love love it. I added the Tumeric on a whim since I picked it up yesterday at the co-op. Umm delicious.

Freshman year in the dorm cafeteria I wished for tuna salad wraps to be the specialty sandwich everyday. Obsessed.

Don't forget the toppings!

I topped mine with tomato...


My wrap got stuck to all the other wraps...it made for a messy lunch.



My sprouts! All sprouted and ready to eat.




Veggies on the side with hummus yummmer.


I'm all ready for Halloween :)

So you're probably wondering what's up with the tuna? Yes it is true I decided to try being vegetarian and I love it! I don't plan on switching back. But I don't really like the idea of restricting my diet so harshly. Yes I eat a mostly vegan diet, mainly because it's easy, cheap, and healthy. Yet, I would call myself a flexitarian rather than a strict vegetarian or vegan. If I'm at a friends house and there is only food there with meat in it- I'll eat the meat. When I go home and my Dad cooks me a big juicy steak. You better believe I'll eat it!

For me it's all about balance. I don't eat animals usually because of the benefits and I just plain heard too many horror stories of the meat industry. I don't believe I need to be a strict vegetarian- that's just stressful! Every now and again I crave meat and will want to eat it...so I will. This is what works for me :)

Do you stick to a strict diet?

No comments:

Post a Comment