Friday, September 24, 2010

Happy (Belated) First day of Autumn

How did I miss this??

Yesterday was the first day of Autumn because it was the fall equinox. What's an equinox? I did a little Wikipedia research and came up with this:

An equinox occurs twice a year, when the tilt of the Earth's axis is inclined neither away from nor towards the Sun, the center of the Sun being in the same plane as the Earth's equator. The term equinox can also be used in a broader sense, meaning the date when such a passage happens. The name "equinox" is derived from the Latin aequus (equal) and nox (night), because around the equinox, the night and day are approximately equally long.


On my walk this morning I picked up one beautiful leaf...then another...and pretty soon I had an armful of fall wonders! So I was forced to make a fall bouquet for our table.

Before and After.
























I'll show you more pretty pics later when I have more time :)

Sproutin' along...


I was really wanting a banana, walnut, honey topping combo for my oats this morning buuut I have no walnuts and one of my roommates decided they deserved my last banana more than me soo I ended up with this...


Plain old boring coffee cup today...but the tea was still amazing. Love Earl Grey in the morning, can thank the BF for introducing me to this wonders of this tea.


Added a mini pumpkin to the display while I sat and ate.



Perfection.

As always my morning was thoroughly enjoyed, but all good things must come to an end so it is time to get to class and then spend some serious time in the studio. Enjoy the fall weather today! Hope your not getting a little fall cold like I am...

Are you enjoying fall as much as I am?

1 comment:

  1. I love fall, seeing the leaves change colors and wearing a sweater and boots.

    ReplyDelete