Thursday, September 2, 2010

40 Miles


The other day the boyfriend and I decided to bike a 40 mile long bike trail, we stopped at this cafe for a little break when we were halfway through. Guess what's the first thing I wanted after biking 20 miles? Hot green tea. Yum. For some reason I had the biggest craving for it! I haven't stopped drinking it since. I think I'll be taking a break from coffee for awhile...good green tea is a lot cheaper than good coffee anyways.




















Although there were lots of delicious looking treats we just shared cup of tea and a bran muffin from home(made by Mom!).




























Cashewie? Whaaaaat I NEED to get a recipe for those wonder bars.


After finishing our tea we hit the road again...but it wasn't long until we took a little lunch/picture taking break.






Fresh fruit and sandwiches yumm. This is the boyfriends chicken sandwich. (I had an avocado, hummus, tomato, and pepper sandwich but somehow forgot to snap a picture of it...)



















We tried an asain pear (hybrid of an apple and pear) and were very disappointed. I like plain apples and plain pears way better. This one just tasted like crunchy water.


More pictures and then we were off to finish the last 7 or so miles...



All done! With biking that is. Because 40 miles of biking wasn't enough for us we decided to hike some bluffs.



Besides the fact that I almost blew off the bluff from the breeze, and I was practically a raisin from the sun I couldn't think of a better way to spend the day with the boyfriend. It was a beautiful day outside and I'm glad I got to soak up the sun while it lasts :) Definitely beats watching another netflix movie on my futon!

P.S. Hiking up bluffs in bike shorts is not the most comfortable experience- bike shorts should stick to biking only.

What's the best all-day adventure you've been on? Or what's your favorite date you've gone on?

No comments:

Post a Comment