Saturday, September 18, 2010

Lazy Saturday


Started the morning off right with a White Sunshine Tea!!! I had this awhile ago at French Meadow and have been craving it ever since. The BF surprised me and bought some for me :) What a sweetie.

I took my tea to go and headed off on a farmer's market and Savers adventure!

The Farmers market was in full fall bloom...I loved it!









The BF continued the fall theme and got himself some nice flannel at Savers! I was good and only spent $10 on a bread pan (I want to learn how to make my own whole wheat bread!) and some dishes that are cute- you'll see them eventually!

When I got home it was already 2pm and I really should have gone to the studio...but I wanted to cook! So I did.

I made Emily's Black Bean Cocoa Quinoa Recipe.




I changed it up a little bit and added some cumin and nutmeg. I LOVED the cocoa in this recipe! It doesn't taste chocolatey it just gives it a nice rich taste. YUM. I was in totaly fall mode still from the farmers market so I added some canned butternut squash on the side topped with some cinnamon and nutmeg. It was really gross :( Butternut squash is not meant to be canned I guess!



Yum yum yum can't wait to eat variations on this lunch everyday this next week ;)

I also attempted to make Red Roasted Pepper Hummus- epic fail because the blender broke!! I'm going to bring the unblended mix to the BF's and hopefully his blender won't break. I made another treat too that was a fail/success. Buuut I'll post recipes and pics for these on another post. I'm off to get working on my GIANT hippo clay sculpture now...wish me luck!

How are you spending this lovely fall Saturday?

No comments:

Post a Comment