Thursday, September 9, 2010

Fall has Fallen?


Where did summer go? If the first week of classes weren't bad enough we have weather like this to deal with.

But there is some cause to celebrate for an early fall...PUMPKIN.

I've been craving it since before the fall weather hit. I was too lazy to make pumpkin bread or muffins last night...but I did try out a new treat. Pumpkin Overnight Oats! Of course I also got to use my brand new Chia Seeds.


Can you say creamy heaven?

(sorry the pics are kinda awful...I took really cute ones...and then deleted them off my camera by accident. Also I'm not sure the orange pumpkin oats against the blue bowl is really appetizing...)


Enjoyed with a cup of Earl Grey. Of course.

Pumpkin Spice Overnight Oats

In the Mix:

-1/3 cup Thick rolled oats
-3/4 cups almond milk
-1/3 cup canned pumkin
-Dashes of cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger (I always go heavy on the nutmeg- I love it! But most people think it's too strong)
-1.5 TBSP of Chia Seeds
-.5-1 TBSP Maple Syrup

Toppings

-Walnuts
-Raisins
-Unsweetened Coconut
-Maple Syrup

Mix up all the ingredients minus the toppings. Set in the fridge overnight (or 1-2 hours). When it's ready toss on your toppings and enjoy!

I loved this for a nice breakfast change...but I like hot oats better. I like the chunkiness of my toppings. This was nice creamy and smooooooth as butter but I prefer eating my oats with copious amounts of toppings. Basically glorified trail mix for breakfast.

Next time I might make less of the oat mixture and add more crunchies, like granola, to the top...or cut up some fresh fruit for the top. Hmmm eventually I will make the perfect batch.


Although this was pretty close to perfection :)

Enjoy the oncoming autumn day!

No comments:

Post a Comment