Friday, September 24, 2010

It's Still Fall...I'm Still Obsessed

If you remember(or even read my post) this morning I made this:


I stuck a bunch of leaves I picked up on my walk in an old Black Strap Molasses jar. How low impact of me :)


I don't discriminate against leaves, I picked up bumpy ones, mutant ones, dried up dead ones, and lots of gorgeous fall colored ones.



I thought I was done obsessing on everything Fall for the day...but the obsession managed to continue. I brought my camera to class with me today so I could snap some pictures of the clay pieces I'm working on. Just in case they blow up in the kiln I want to remember how nice they looked. Here's a sneak peak of one...


Oh and you only see this in an art building- art vending machine! Looove it.


While I was walking back from a very frustrating 2 hours at the studio I managed to forget my stress and enjoy my campus. I mean, come on, how many people get to enjoy stone carvings like this on a daily basis?



To add to the Fall charm of a classic college campus the clock struck three while I was snapping photos. The bells chimed away, the fall breeze nipped at my trigger happy fingers, and the leaves rustled. Seriously, this campus is straight out of a movie.


It comes with great architecture and stunning fall displays of color.


It encourages bike riding...

(Do any of you live in big cities who have started bike rental programs? Although I think there are a few problems with these bikes (the atrocious design being the main one) I think its really cool that Minneapolis started this program! Definitely a step in the right direction, that is away from fossil fuel!)


It has traditions that everyone has forgotten how they started, or what they stand for anymore...but they partake in anyways.

Events that are said to be the reason why shoes are thrown in the tree:
1. First F on a college test
2. First A on a college test
3. When you lose your v-card
4. When you graduate
5. The actual reason- because it's cool to say you did it for some monumental reason or another.


Lovely overcast views...


Vines growing like crazy for that Ivy League charm...without the price tag.


Massive old trees to prove how old this place really is...history has been (and is) being made here, right?


Yes, yes, my campus is great but of course I got sucked back into taking FALL pictures. Just another asset to my campus, it has trees engineered for fall. In the "Mall" area of campus the trees turn maroon and gold in the Fall. Really. What more could a Fall obsessed girl ask for?


I decided to take some pictures of leaves in their natural habitat...




While distracted by my photo adventures the "lovely fall breeze" turned in "that awful Minnesota wind". Please don't tell me fall is fading and winter is on the horizon already! I am NOT a winter obsessed girl! Especially Minnesnowta winters (the snow in that Minnesota being said sarcastically...it should be replaced with freezing sleet that turns the world into an ice rink and makes it impossible to walk to class or drive anywhere...but that's not quite as cute...)

Here's some proof of that wind!


When I finally decided I had had enough of stopping to take pictures every 2 seconds (yeah I was that spacey girl that you think is bizarre as she wanders around with a Nikon and then randomly crouches on the soggy ground to get a picture of a dirty leaf) I realized how cold it was!

I rushed home and warmed up some Healthy Dairy-Free Garlic Mashed Potato Leftovers. Still delish. But they didn't warm me up completely...so I mindlessly munched on some nuts.

Ok so I snacked on ALOT of nuts...and raisins...and PB and celery...and then some more dried fruit. Come on, everything was just so unsatisfying! What I really needed was my Mom to tell me to stop being a little food diva and just deal with a little unsatisfaction...but instead I snacked viciously and came up with an evil plan. I realized I needed to healthify another comfort food before I ate all the snacks in my cupboard. So I took a little of this...


Dumped it in my new favorite mug. (I got it at Savers for $1.99!)


Tossed in some sweetness...


And came up with this:

Energy Boost Hot Cocoa

Ingredients:

-1 cup strong Coffee
-1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
-1-2 tsp Brown Sugar
-Sprinkles of Nutmeg and Cinnamn
-Dash of Salt

Directions:
Mix all ingredients together. Taste test. See if you want a little more of anything!

Sooo I bet I know what your thinking...EWWW why is there salt in this recipe?? That makes no sense! Ok I know, I was skeptical as well, but seriously the salt brings out the flavor of the cocoa. I wish I could say I came up with this on my own...but no. Guess where I got the idea? Modern Family. The t.v. show of all places! On the show they added to chocolate milk...but I figured it would apply to all types of chocolate. And boyyy was I right.


Can you sense how thick, creamy, and satisfying this Hot Cocoa was??

Calorie count = 40 calories!

Ahhhhmazing, I will be making this all winter long, I gotta have something to look forward to during finals week!


I will be sure to always keep these ingredients on hand :)


My healthified energizing hot cocoa was enjoyed next to a beautiful fall display that was not at all disturbed by the raging Minnesnowta winds outside...what can I say? Oh yeah, perfection.

Do you have any crazy secret ingredients that turn a good recipe into a great recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment