Thursday, September 23, 2010

Rain Cravings

Today I was inspired.

By the rain of all things! It was another rainy rainy rainy day in Minneapolis. After walking allll the way to Spanish class...only to have it canceled I decided I had had enough time outside. But I was still in an exploring mood...so I explored my camera. Haha I know I use my camera everyday and "explore" its settings. Today it was extra fun because it was overcast and our sparkling lights were on when I got home. I dropped my bag and made a beeline for my camera...



























Focus and unfocus...focus on the rain on the window...focus on the lights...


My sense for adventured was satisfied after playing with my camera for about 10 minutes. I wasn't done yet though...I had a craving that's been lurking for awhile...ever since I felt the first nip of Fall...


Pumpkin Spice Latte! While I was walking home in the rain I really wanted to buy one from Starbucks. But I stopped myself and decided to make a low impact decision. I don't have money to be constantly buying coffee drinks AND I didn't have my coffee mug with me so I would have had to use a to go paper cup and plastic top from Starbucks. My bank account, the earth, and the landfills of this world did not need a pumpkin spice latte.

But I still did! Luckily for me I decided to concoct one at home. I haven't been drinking coffee lately but every once in a while I really crave it.

Start the fun by finding a large mug/bowl :)


Start Brewing up some coffee.


And gather some ingredients.



Pumpkin Spice Latte

Ingredients:

-1/4 or less of Coffee Grounds (I used plain old Folgers)
-1/2 cup or so Vanilla Almond Milk
-1/8-1/4 tsp each of Ginger, Nutmeg, Cinnamon
-1/2-1 tsp Brown Sugar

Directions:

-Brew some strong coffee.
-Fill Mug about halfway to 3/4's full (depending on how strong you like your coffee)
-Fill to top with Vanilla Almond Milk
-Sprinkle with spices and Brown Sugar (add however much tastes good to you, I did about three taste tests before it tasted perfect to me!)
-Stir and ENJOY!















I enjoyed mine with my never ending Black Bean Cocoa Quinoa leftovers topped with Avocado and Tomato.




Of course I tried to resist...but I couldn't!


Cranberry Squash Bread dipped in a Pumpkin Spice Latte? Who's life is this? I must say my life is a fairytale (sometimes)!

What do you crave on a cold rainy day?

No comments:

Post a Comment