Sunday, August 15, 2010

Good Karma?


"Life begets life. Energy creates energy. It is by spending oneself that one becomes rich." -Sarah Bernhardt

If you didn't know already I work at the front desk of my apartment building. This leads me to have massive amounts of free time as this job is pretty much a cake walk. I used to spend my free hours at work online shopping, facebooking and celebrity stalking. In other words killing brain cells, and usually it felt just as bad for my brain as it was. I was always bored to tears at work and could hardly stay awake for my shifts.

Now my activities are much different and, for lack of a better word, more enlightening.

I am only about 2 weeks or so into my personal challenge to live an all around sustainable life and I have already found a positive result. I now spend my time at work educating myself. On ways to become more sustainable, reading healthy living/eating blogs, watching documentaries about anything and everything and sometimes I just surf Wikipedia (you'd be AMAZED where you can travel on that site). Not only do I look forward too and cherish my work hours these days they now seem to fly by. I feel more educated, and by becoming more educated I have more questions, which leads me to seek out more answers, and then I become more educated...aaaand then again I have more questions, see the vicious cycle I've started for myself? And by learning more I am less bored in my general daily life, not only do I have more to think about but I actually have more to do. Making a compost (post about this soon!) making my own hair products...etc.

This is a result I had not anticipated in the slightest when I wrote my goals list. Yet now I cannot think of a better result! (well maybe the reversal of global warming...)

I guess sweet mother nature is just sending me a big thank you for trying to look out for her. Gotta love that karma stuff.

Is there anything (no matter how small) that you can change in your life to make it better? Have you changed anything in your life that caused an unexpected result?

No comments:

Post a Comment