Saturday, November 20, 2010

The Life of an Art Major

Studio is taking over my life!

Yesterday, between student teaching, class and studio time I was away from my apartment from 8am until 6pm. That's 10 hours!! To say the least I'm a little bit busy...and I would show you some pictures of good food, if only it existed in my life!

Instead I will show you some pictures of some finished work :)  Much much much more is in progress.


My first attempt at making abstract/surreal art. Quite a departure for me. Oh, yeah, did I mention this charcoal drawing is 5 by 6 feet! It's bigger than me! I loved working on this piece, I usually don't like drawing, but it was fun to draw on such a huge scale and whatever I wanted.


My first ceramics piece.  I have no idea what it is, it started out as a deer.  Now I think it morphed into some kind of peaceful mythical creature.  Love this lil' guy.


And this is my GIANT 75 lbs hippopotamus.  Yes, I said 75 lbs.  It's hard to see in the picture but it is a large angry mama hippo protecting a lil' baby hippo in her stomach.  It didn't turn out how I wanted it to, but that's ceramics.  The head collapsed in completely the first time I made it and I think I rebuilt it about 3-4 times before I got the head that's on it now.  I'm still not satisfied but I had to just accept that I would never be able to create a perfect hippo head and just be done with it.  The white glaze also turned out patchy instead of perfectly white...ohh well.  Can't help it!

So that is what I am up to at the moment, studio studio studio studio for the rest of the weekend!

What is taking over your life at the moment?

No comments:

Post a Comment