Friday, December 3, 2010

Just Because

Because I stayed up until 1:30 am talking with the rommates.

Because when I couldn't press snooze any longer but it was still only 7:15 am.  Which meant it was way too late to take a shower...or make a decent breakfast.

Because then two Oreos somehow became part of my breakfast.

Because I missed the first bus and had to wait in the chilly wind for another.

Because it's Friday and my students started celebrating early...by tickling me and not listening.

Because I had an install at the gallery today.

Because the last artist showed up over an hour late.  With large pieces of art...that I hadn't anticipated.

Because I am a perfectionist, and re-did the entire show to accommodate said large pieces.

Because even after all that work I'm still not completely happy with how the show looks.

Because I had to learn far too much about how a drill works today.

Because said artist didn't finish her work properly.  I now have blood blisters and splinters covering my hands as proof.

Because I got home too late to take good pictures anyways...

I made the same dinner as last night...with a spicy twist.

Because I still attempted to get a good picture by holding everything very close to the last remaining light, but still failed.


Honey Cumin Yogurt Dressing
Serves One


Ingredients:
1 TBSP plain yogurt
1/2 TBSP lemon juice
1/2 tsp honey
1/4-1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp olive oil

Directions:
Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl, taste test to make sure it tastes good.


Because I forgot to add raisins...

Winter Apple Salad
Serves One, can be easily multiplied to serve more.

Ingredients:
-Handful Spinach
-Handful Romaine
-1/2 apple (or whole if your me and snacked on the other half instead of saving it for a snack...)
-1/4 cup chickpeas
-1/4 yellow pepper
-Ricotta Cheese

Directions:
Toss all ingredients together in bowl and top with Honey Cumin Yogurt Dressing.


Because I felt the need to show you something today.

Because leftovers for the third day seemed depressing.

Because this salad really tasted so good it was definitely worthy to blog about again...


Because it's Friday but it feels like Monday with all the studio work I have to do this weekend.

Because I want a night on the town but feel like a night in bed is more appropriate.

Because I can't wait for Winter Break.

Because I am tired.

But mostly...


Just because.





P.S. TGIF!

1 comment: