Sunday, December 26, 2010

The most epic of failures.

Today I somehow got some motivation.  I completely set up a photo taking station in order to photograph my ceramic works for my portfolio.  I whip out my camera to start and as soon as I look through the viewfinder I realize what I forgot in my apartment...all the way in Minneapolis.

My camera battery charger.

What was my number 1 goal for this break?  Photograph my work and put together a portfolio...ooops.

Ahhhhhhh!  I guess it's just the universe telling I need to be lazy? Right?

So now I cannot even photograph the cute sketches I did.  But this camera failure led me to discover more about photoshop, hoorah! Here I go again making tacky edits of photos from summer, sorry about it! This time there really was nothing to be done about it.  My camera charger will be back in my posession around New Years, until then I hope to learn something new about photoshop everyday, and read some books off my ever growing "to read" list.

Original (Straight outta my camera)

Edit Smudge

Edit Smudge Light

Took it too far? Typical.
Lessons learned today? I like the smudge tool...I think I might just start to overuse it. Oh and make a to pack list in the future...!

No comments:

Post a Comment