Sunday, December 19, 2010

Tea Time


It is tea time. 

Every couple months I decide to get off coffee and start drinking tea, because of it's many health benefits.  Obviously I'm trying to cut down at the coffee right at this moment, not because I want to, but because I already drank all the ground coffee I have in my apartment...and don't really want to go buy some more.  So here's a roundup of tea and some of it's amazing benefits just to remind myself why I should maybe switch a couple of coffee a day to a couple cups of tea.

Green Tea : With a high content of both antioxidants and polyphenols, green tea is the champion of teas. It can help fight cancer, stimulate metabolism, boost your immune system, and much more. I wish I could say I drank it everyday.

Tea Bags : Don't love the taste of tea as much as it loves your body?  Well tea still has more to give, putting warm tea bags over your eyes can help reduce and alleviate pink eye.

White Tea : A cousin of green tea, it helps fight viruses and bacteria. I love mixes of white and green tea, it is a much smoother taste if you are having trouble with the harshness of green tea.

Black Tea : If looking to combat heart disease and stroke, check your home for black tea. It even contains fluoride to aid in dental health.  Earl Grey is a black tea and it has been shown to battle depression.

Oolong : Burn calories, increase blood flow, and build stronger bones with the help of this tea. It can also help with an upset stomach. 

Chai Tea : This spicy tea also contains antioxidants and can help in digestion. My favorite drink at Starbucks is a Skim Chai Tea Latte...it only costs about $7 though.

Flavored Tea : Flavored teas are an excellent choice for diabetics. Not only will it satisfy your sweet tooth, but it can help control blood sugar levels.  Some of my favorites are Cinnamon, Peppermint, Vanilla and Cherry.

Peppermint Tea: Upset stomach? Drink some peppermint tea it is known to treat stomach problems and ease nausea and vomiting.  It has also been said to help with heartburn.

Red Tea : Most popular in Africa, this tea contains flavonoids that are useful against many ailments. It also helps with the nervous system, kidney stones, and can even be used as a sedative.

Chamomile : If you suffer from nervous disorders such as insomnia, panic attacks, and twitches, give this tea a try. It also helps with menstrual cramps and ulcers.  It's basically a chill pill.

Tibicos : Ready for a random one?  This tea is made from mushrooms. This is an ancient and little known tea that is known to cure many problems, it's so good Mother Teresa was said to use it.


Do you drink tea?

No comments:

Post a Comment